Australia Day - Saturday 26-January 2020
Boat Chairs Table Places Novice Party # Start Place
Axiom 8 0 Malcolm Craig 8 Defiance TBA TBA Kylie TBA Inception 8 0 Steve Chilton 8 L'attitude 18 25 Jen Barter 6 Majella TBA TBA TBA TBA Mangrove Jack TBA TBA TBA TBA Possible Dream 8 8 Alan Shardlow 8 Sweet Chariot TBA TBA TBA 4 Whispering TBA TBA TBA TBA Yknot TBA TBA Ross Kilpatrick TBA
Can't make it this time: SteadFast, Jargon, Reve, Chinook, Kite Runner, Rhumb Line, Juggernaut, ColorTile, Free Spirit (maybe in Pittwater), Aeolus, Windsong, Pied Piper
Broadwater Classic Course (extract).
Handbook Page 64 for full details.
- The start time is 12 noon..
- The course consists of two triangles and a sausage.
- The start/finish line is formed by the moorings of Shaya Moya and Possible Dream (PD).
- The second yellow buoy will be to the west in the vicinity of Farnell Bight.
- The third mark is the blue police mooring near the Lilli Pilli baths.
- From the start sail west to the mark at Farnell Bight (p), then to the police Buoy (p) at Lilli Pilli baths then to the start mark (p) (PD mooring).
- Then complete a second triangle.
- The last leg is from the start mark to the Farnell buoy (p) then directly to finish line crossing from west to east.
One bottle of wine (to be used as prizes)
After the Race.
Some chairs and tables will be provided, but please help by providing your own if possible.
BBQ provided to do your cooking.
Prizes will follow for the place getters and story tellers.
Street Address (for land yachts)
1 Wareemba Place, Lilli Pilli
corner of Turriell Bay Road
Australian Theme on the day could be;
- Decoration of your boat?
- Poetry presented after the picnic?
- Australian yarns?
- Australia day personal stories?
- Australian food Prepared on the day?
The LDL Band
Consists of 3 guitar players, Andy Chilton, Steve Chilton and Brian Etherington also the singer. Warwick Montgomery on bass guitar and Gordon on drum and tambourine.
We appreciate the band breaking a busy schedule playing at many charity outings. The band is the glue that will bring it all together.
There will be enough water for all boats to come in the morning, boats under 1.9m draft can return at anytime. If skippers need instruction to navigate the channels to the broad-water , let me know - 0418 253 479.
Mooring after the race
You will be directed to a yacht to raft off, a mooring or a position on a pontoon. A plan will be placed on the web to allocate all boats a suitable berth. L'attitude will return to the slips, so will need the pontoon clear. Please wait your turn to occupy your allocated position.
A tender will be running to get people from their boats to shore and back again.